Now that 2015 is well under way, millions of people have all but abandoned their New Year’s resolutions to eat healthy and lose weight. However, with recent statistics showing that the obesity rate in the United States has reached 27.7% (the highest obesity rate ever), now is not the time to give into your cheese fry cravings. Luckily, it is possible to eat healthy and drop pounds without suffering. Celebrity fitness/nutrition expert and creator of The Lifestyle Renovation Joey Thurman explains how:
1. Start Smart. People say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. “That may be true,” says Thurman, “But all too often I see people use this mantra as an excuse to load up on Sausage McMuffins or donuts in the office break room.
That’s not doing your waist (or your heart) any favors. Instead, get up 15 minutes earlier and make yourself a warm breakfast at home, be that steel-cut oats with fresh fruit or an omelet with sweet potato hash.”
2. Eat for the Body You Want, Not The Body You Have. “People have a defeatist attitude when it comes to their body. They think ‘I am already fat, why not have another slice of pizza? But this type of thinking is what keeps people stuck in unhealthy lifestyles,” says Thurman, “Ask yourself: ‘If I was 10 pounds lighter, what would I eat for lunch today? Would I have the burger or the salad?’ Think with your thin self in mind.”
3. Think Clean. Counting calories can be overwhelming and boring. “Instead of reading labels and counting points, just start focusing on eating clean, whole foods,” says Thurman. “Stop buying processed foods and eating out. Make your own dinner and bring your lunch. You will save money and look better as a result.”
4. Stop Giving Up. “If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up,” says Thurman. “It’s time to stop thinking about this as a temporary diet. It’s a lifestyle change, a total and complete renovation.”
5. Harness the Power of Juicing. “I love fresh fruits and veggies, especially when they are juiced (or blended,) and easy for me to take on the go. For example, I blend my veggies in a Nutribullet or blender to make sure I get all of the nutrients AND fiber! I often blend pineapple, lemon, spinach, cucumber, and cayenne pepper whenever I want energy…best of all, it boosts the metabolism as well!”
Joey Thurman is a health, fitness, and nutrition expert and the creator of The Lifestyle Renovation, a website dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals. He has appeared on CBS, FOX, ABC, and WCIU sharing his insights as a celebrity fitness trainer and published author. Joey’s work has been featured in publications such as BodyBuilding.com, Racked, TimeOut Chicago, RedEye, and American Global Traveler. Joey is a fashion model represented by Chosen Model Management where he works with brands including Neiman Marcus, Abercrombie, Jockey, and Carson Pirie Scott. He has also appeared on the covers of Healthy for Men and TimeOut Chicago. Joey is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) with the American Council on Exercise, a Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) and a FITchef. For more information, please visit www.thelifestylerenovation.com and follow Joey on Instagram and Twitter at @JoeyThurmanFit.
WOLFPACK, an event-based app geared towards guys making new buddies, has just released its first commercial on YouTube, giving...
March 7, 2015
The Power Player Lifestyle Magazine was created to provide online and digital mobile news weekly, featuring a variety of quality content around the diverse visionaries in the fields of entertainment, food, art, technology, health, international and international business.
PPLM places the spotlight on the educated, successful, savvy men and women who embody the essence of true power. Our mission is to promote the “Power Player” concept in a prosperous lifestyle community.
PPLM editorial staff invites you to pitch your story ideas to our editorial team email at
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.