Good news power players, Mmusical icons Sade Adu p/k/a Sade, Glen Ballard, Calvin Broadus Jr. p/k/a Snoop Dogg, Gloria Estefan, Jeff Lynne, Teddy Riley, and Liz Rose will become the latest inductees of the Songwriters Hall of Fame at the organization’s 52nd Annual Induction and Awards Gala.
These legendary songwriters are credited with mega-hits such as “Smooth Operator,” “Man In the Mirror,” “Drop It Like It’s Hot,” “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You,” “Mr. Blue Sky,” “My Prerogative,” and “You Belong With Me.” The star-studded event is slated for Thursday, June 15that the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Additional special award honorees will be announced soon.
SHOF Chairman Nile Rodgers said, “The music industry does not exist without songwriters delivering great songs first. Without them there is no recorded music, no concert business, no merch . . . nothing, it all starts with the song and the songwriter.We are therefore very proud that we are continually recognizing some of the culturally most important songwriters of all time and that the 2023 slate represents not just iconic songs but also diversity and unity across genres, ethnicity and gender, songwriters who have enriched our lives and, in their time, literally transformed music and the lives of billions of listeners all over the world.”
Key songs in each 2023 inductees catalog include:
Sade Adu p/k/a Sade:
* Smooth Operator * No Ordinary Love * The Sweetest Taboo * By Your Side * Is It A Crime
* Man In The Mirror * You Oughta Know * Hold On * The Voice Within * The Space Between
Calvin Broadus Jr. p/k/a Snoop Dogg:
* Drop It Like It’s Hot * Nuthin’ But A “G” Thang * Young, Wild & Free * Gin & Juice * Next Episode
* Anything For You * Don’t Wanna Lose You * Words Get In The Way * Rhythm Is Gonna Get You * Let’s Get Loud
* Mr. Blue Sky * Don’t Bring Me Down * Evil Woman * Livin’ Thing * Telephone Line
* Make It Last Forever * I Want Her * Just Got Paid * I Like * My Prerogative
* You Belong With Me * Crazy Girl * Girl Crush * All Too Well * White Horse
Full biographies are available on the Songwriters Hall of Fame website at https://www.songhall.org.
Established in 1969, the Songwriters Hall of Fame (SHOF) serves as a vital bridge between music’s past and future. In the Hall, musical pioneers are enshrined and celebrated, while the organization’s outreach to the music community grooms the next generation of troubadours. To qualify for induction, a songwriter with a notable catalog of songs qualifies for induction 20 years after the first commercial release of a song.
Joining Songwriters Hall of Fame online is quick and easy: https://www.songhall.org/join