Music sensation Katy Perry hosted ‘Katy Perry: Witness World Wide,’ an exclusive event for fans around the world that was live on Katy’s YouTube channel that launched on June 8th. With more than 24 million YouTube subscribers and 11 billion views across her YouTube channels, ‘Katy Perry: Witness World Wide’ marks another major milestone within the longstanding relationship between Katy, YouTube and her incredibly engaged fan community, going back to her first video upload in 2008.
The music video for Bon Appétit, her second song from Witness, officially broke Katy’s personal record for the most YouTube views in its first 24 hours on her channel, amounting 16.8 million views and leading Katy’s channel to receive its highest views in a single day with more than 25 million. This milestone beat a record previously set by Katy for her hit single Roar dating back to 2013. The Bon Appétit video today has over 123 million views on YouTube and counting. Bon Appétit’s had the second biggest 24hrs post-debut of any music video on YouTube in 2017 so far.
Additional Katy Perry + YouTube Stats:
● Katy’s YouTube channel has received over 11 billion lifetime views; over 23 million lifetime shares; over 6.5M comments; and her videos have been added to over 24M playlists. Katy Perry-related content has been viewed over 20 billion times since 2012.
● Perry is the only female artist to have 4 videos in YouTube’s Top 100 Most-Viewed Videos of All Time (“Roar,” “Dark Horse,” “Firework,” “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”), with “Roar” and “Dark Horse” both in the Top 20.
● Katy Perry is also the third-most subscribed-to musical artist on YouTube, with 22,836,997 subs (after Bieber and Rihanna)
● Dark Horse was most-viewed video in 2014 (WSJ article on this)
● Katy Perry was the most-viewed artist on YouTube in 2014 (Fortune article on this)
Witness (Capitol Records) is the upcoming and long-anticipated fourth studio album by global pop superstar Katy Perry and is scheduled for release on June 9th. The album is available for pre-order everywhere. Fans who pre-order the digital album will instantly receive “Swish Swish” featuring Nicki Minaj plus the Platinum-certified hit “Chained to the Rhythm” featuring Skip Marley and “Bon Appétit” featuring Migos. Visit http://katy.to/witness.