OSCAR.COM GOES BEHIND THE SCENES OF NOMINATIONS WITH FIRST INSTALLMENT OF
EXCLUSIVE “INSIDE THE OSCARS®” VIDEO SERIES“
With nominations just a day away, Oscar.com is unveiling a complete digital roadmap to all things Oscar Sunday, providing fans with exclusive insider access to The Oscars before, during and after the show. The site is live now with:
- “Ellen Replies to #Oscars Tweets”: Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres responds to hilarious fan tweets in this short embeddable video.
- “Inside The Oscars” – From the nominations to the nominees’ luncheon and the show itself, this new semi-weekly video series hosted by “On The Red Carpet” host and “Good Morning America” contributing editor Rachel Smith will share access to top secret production details and behind-the-scenes event coverage leading up to Oscar Sunday. In this first installment, Academy insiders give fans the scoop on everything involved in nominations, including how the nominations list is protected, what goes on inside the theater, how the hosts reveal the names of the nominees and more.
- A gallery of candid shots from the 2013 Governors Ball and the Governors Awards honoring Angelina Jolie, Steve Martin, Angela Lansbury and costume designer Piero Tosi.
- Oscar Buzz, which features fan commentary using #Oscars, #OscarNoms, and #BestDressed.
- The Oscar Timeline that includes historical video and photos of past winners, memorable moments and juicy tidbits celebrating every single year of The Oscars.
- And much more…
Beginning Jan. 16 the site is dedicated to this year’s nominees with programming sponsored by Cadillac that includes an embeddable nominations live steam, the complete list of nominees, and the hugely popular “My Picks” interactive ballot. Friends can view and share the ballot on Facebook, which will update in real time on Oscar Night®, ensuring that the most competitive Oscar handicappers are instantly aware of their ranking among friends.
On Oscar Sunday, the site will highlight the Emmy-winning Oscar Backstage Pass, which will be streamed online and to mobile devices this year as part of ABC’s industry-defining multiplatform WATCH services. Presented by Samsung Galaxy®, Oscar Backstage Pass gives fans unprecedented access to the show through multiple live camera feeds placed throughout the show venue and streamed online and on mobile devices. Previously available as a standalone Oscar app, Backstage Pass will stream to mobile devices via the WATCH ABC app (formerly ABC Player). With more than 15 million downloads, the WATCH ABC app is immensely popular on mobile devices and its functionality delivering live and advantaged VOD episodes earned ABC the honor of being named “Multiplatform Programmer of the Year” for 2013 by “Broadcasting and Cable.”
The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 16, 2014, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on Oscar® Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The presentation, produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
AOL ON ORIGINALS DEBUTS NEW ORIGINAL SERIES “THE RESTART PROJECT” FROM
CELEBRITY DUO GWYNETH PALTROW AND TRACY ANDERSON
Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson’s new series THE RESTART PROJECT premieres today on AOL On Originals. The 10- episode documentary series is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions and presented by Kaplan University.
The series follows Academy Award winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow and fitness expert Tracy Anderson as they spend time with women who’ve overcome hardship, injury, and setbacks to triumph in the face of adversity. Each episode one woman will share her inspiring story firsthand, whether fighting back from a career-ending injury or transforming their lives and bodies through diet and exercise.
The brave women found in the series have suffered through such obstacles as losing a child, a breast cancer diagnosis, surviving a near-death experience and more but all have found peace and resolution through natural healing such as martial arts, competitive running and healthy cooking.
The first two episodes of THE RESTART PROJECT are available now at Restart-project.com. Two new episodes will premiere each Monday for the five week run of the series. Additionally, the series is available on mobile devices through the AOL On app.
About AOL On Originals
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
For more information, follow us on Twitter @AOLOriginals and like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/AOLOriginal